Orange has is bad parts hasn’t it? This fact has seen another confirmation today, as the famous carrier just delayed the release date of the Android 2.2 ( Froyo ) update for the Orange HTC Desire. The good news is that it won’t be delayed very long, so hold your pants guys. This came in a very bad day for Orange, as one of its rivals, Verizon, just pushed the Froyo update for the HTC Droid Incredible. We don’t know the reasons for this delay, as Orange is not trying to add some unique features, like others. It will be the plain old Froyo, just delivered later.
How late? Well, Orange has set a new release date for the HTC Desire Android 2.2 update: mid-September 2010. We have to remind you that this update will just bring the stock features of Froyo, without any carrier addition. The reasons have not been announced, so the only thing left to do is to hold, and wait, for a couple of weeks.
Maybe it’s better to wait for a product, to have it completely working, and be sure that it doesn’t messes things up. I remember the Verizon Android 2.2 update for HTC EVO 4G. It ruined one piece of a wonderful smartphone.
- Vodafone HTC Desire Android 2.2 ( Froyo ) update release date
- T-mobile UK HTC Desire getting Android 2.2 ( Froyo ) update. Release date mentioned
- Android 2.2 Froyo update for HTC Desire starting tomorrow
- Motorola Droid’s update for Android 2.2 ( Froyo ) release date delayed
- HTC Desire Z-Gingerbread OTA Update in Australia