LG Optimus V was launched last month around Valentine’s Day and enjoyed quite a big success among the smartphone lovers. It has a 3.2 “ touchscreen display, a 3.2 megapixel camera and it’s capable of 3G video-calls. It is one of the numerous smartphones that is using Google’s Android OS, in this case Android 2.2 ( Froyo ). Somehow, even if LG Optimus V shares the same OS with 70% of the smartphones from the market, it seems that you can’t enable tethering, but that’s about to change as you are going to find out in this article how to enable tethering on LG Optimus V.
First let’s see what software we’re going to use in order to enable tethering option on your LG Optimus V and then we are going to see what steps you’ll have to follow in order to succeed. Don’t worry as this operation requires only an internet connection as you’re going to see that we need a little software ( free ) and the whole operation will take only 5 minutes. Without any further talking, let’s go straight to the subject and turn your LG Optimus V into a mobile hot spot.
- Quick Settings: it’s a free application that you can download from Android Marketplace.
How to enable tethering on LG Optimus V
- Install Quick Settings software that you just downloaded from Android Marketplace and run it.
- Press the Menu button and then select Customize.
- Now you should see a list of options, scroll down until you’ll reach the Hidden Settings section. Under Hidden Settings look for Wi-Fi hot spot and drag and drop it on the Visible Settings section.
- Go back to the main menu.
- Now you should be able to see Wi-Fi hot spot option and all you have to do is to tap the OFF button in order to turn it on.
As you can see this guide is very easy to follow there are few settings that you have to do and most important you don’t have to spend any money on any software. If you have any difficulties on enabling tethering on your LG Optimus V, just leave a comment below and we will be glad to help you but don’t forget to say at which step you are stuck.