We all know that by tethering your device you will be able to enjoy many internet advantages, making your work easier so you can deal faster to any kind of problems, or simply just for your entertainment. So, knowing how important it is to you, I will show you today how to tether the LG Optimus 7 handset. There were some issues in the past (the hack was not possible because you needed a password in order to succeed with the tethering process), but now, thanks to SmartPhoneFrance, all problems are gone.
The LG Optimus 7, also known as LG E900, is featuring the Windows Phone 7 OS, being powered by a 1GHz processor. Also it has a 3.8-inch, 800 x 480 screen, 16GB of built-in storage memory and a 5-megapixel camera with 720P recording and support for 360-degree panorama photo. The handset is coming with GPS with digital compass, accelerometer, light and proximity sensors, Bluetooth 2.1 and WiFi.
So, considering that the E900 is running the Windows Phone 7 OS, it will be easy for you to enable its internet tethering functionality. All you will have to do is to follow the steps that I am about to present and nothing more. As I was saying before, until now we couldn’t hack this phone due some problems such as: rudimentary registry publisher, security camera policy editor and USB tethering setting. But, now we have the password that we needed back then, so we can begin with the guide.
Before I begin, let me present you the files that we will need in order to succeed. You will have to download and install the Zune software from zune.net, or if your PC is having problems in installing appropriate driver, use PilotesLGe900.exe for installing the LG USB modem driver. Now we can begin with enabling tethering on LG Optimus 7, so pay attention and just follow the steps.
How to enable USB Modem Internet Tether on LG Optimus 7 Phone
- After you have downloaded and installed the Zune software it is time to launch the LG phone dialer. Dial “##634#” and then press the “Call” button. This will bring up a list of applications under the screen title of “MFG”.
- You will be asked to input a password in order to continue. When this will happen, enter “277634#*#” to unlock the password-protected MFG.
- After that, you will have to turn off the data connection in Settings >> Network Mobile.
- Now, start MFG. Then, go to the USB Switching option in Menu Engineer >> Port Setting.
- Here, just select the “QC COMPOSITE” and then validate.
- In this moment the phone will automatically restart to activate the setting.
- When the phone is back on track, connect it to the PC via the USB cable.
- The Windows should automatically detect the cellphone and install the drivers from the device. You will see that a phone modem named “LGE CDMA USB Modem” will be installed.
- Now, it is time to configure the LGE CDMA USB Modem settings: add in this additional parameter in the string (for France Telecom Orange network only):
- After completing that, you will have to manually create a new dial-up connection that uses the LG USB modem with phone number to dial as “* 99 #”.
- To complete the tethering process, just dial the modem.
If the synchronization with the Zune software is not working properly, don’t get scared, it might be because of the USB connection. If this will happen, just disconnect the USB cable and connect over Wi-Fi to sync up with Zune.
If something happens and you can’t tether the LG Optimus 7 Phone please share it with us, so we can help you.